1. Orange zest ( 1/2 teaspoon)
2. Quinoa(1 cup)
3.Camargue red rice( 1 cup)
4. virgin olive oil(1 cup)
5. onion( 1 medium sliced)
6. salt and ground pepper
7. Fresh orange juice(1/3 cup)
8. Fresh lemon juice( 1 tablespoon)
9. garlic clove(1 minced)
10. dried apricots( 1/2 cup cut into 1/3 inch dice)
11. Roasted pistachios (1/2 cup chopped)
12. Scallions( 1 thinly sliced)
13. Baby arugula leaves( 2 cups)
1. Take two saucepans and boil water with salt added into it. Put quinoa into one saucepan and red rice to the other pan. Cover both the pans and cook at low heat quinoa for 12 minutes and red rice for 35 minutes so that both of them becomes soft.Drain both of them and add onto baking sheets to cool.
2.In another medium skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and onion with salt and pepper seasoned on it. Cover and cook it with conitunues stirring till the time onion becomes golden brown for 10 minutes and then let it cool.
3.In a bowl, mix orange juice, lemon juice, orange zest, garlic and remaining olive oil, spread salt and pepper on it. Then combine quinoa, onion, rice, apricot and pistachios and shake wll and serve it by adding arugula.
fat 17 gm
sat fat- 2.1 gm
carb- 56 gm
fiber- 6 gm
protein- 10 gm
Think you have a better recipe?
Join our plant gang and gain likes and followers to your own social media accounts. We’re on the hunt for bloggers and food fanatics that use quinoa often. Get in touch today to find out how.