1. Dried black beans( 12 ounces)
3. Quinoa( 1 cup)
4. vinegar( 3 tablespoon)
5. Soy sauce( 1 tablespoon)
6. Fresh lime juice( 1 tablespoon)
7. 1 chipotle in adobe
8. virgin olive oil
9. 6 scallions( white and light part only)
10.Red onion( 1 small)
11. Yellow bell pepper
12. Cilantro(1/4 cup chopped)
1. Take a saucepan and add cold water, beans and boil it. Cover and simmer for one hour.
2.Drain and add beans into a large pot with water. Cook at low heat for 1 hour 30 minutes to make them soft.For last 10 minutes add salt into the mix.
3. Then, in a saucepan add quinoa with water and a pinch of salt and boil for 15 minutes at low heat so that the quinoa will absorb all of the water. Put the quinoa on a plate and let it cool.
4. In a bowl add vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice with chipotle, olive oil and stir until blended. Mix black beans, quinoa, scallions, red onion, yellow pepper and cilantro with salt. Shake well before and serve.
Fat- 10 gm
Fiber- 3 gm
proteins- 6 gm
Write for us
Think you have a better recipe? Why not write for us? Check out our featured bloggers or fill out the form below to join our Plant Gang!